HELP! I'm in a reading slump... // Lena

Thursday 9 March 2017

Something is definitely up. I'm barely reading anymore and I don't know how I should feel about this.
I know, I've read a lot in January. But then February came and I failed. To me, the past weeks have been a huge failure when it comes to reading.
It's not that I'm not reading at all. I do read a few pages here and there. But I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to. This is what worries me the most.
I'm afraid that my book addiction was only temporary and that now I'm not a 'real reader' anymore. When I was younger I read books from time to time but I wouldn't say I was obsessed with reading.
About three years ago I fell more and more in love with reading. I would pick a good book over almost everything, especially over living a typical teenager's social life. But I have changed. I've become more confident and less anti-social. I am beyond happy for having the best friends I've ever had. Yes, I'm blaming my friends 😬

What I'm doing now

I don't want to whine anymore. I'll try my best to get out of that reading slump, I promise. Everyone says you have to sit that slump out and not force yourself to read. But that's the only way it works for me. I have to tell myself that I should read and then I usually even enjoy it.
Something else that motivates me is watching booktube videos. I feel such a huge excitement when I see what other booklovers are reading. 
And yes, although I'm barely reading and my tbr is long enough, I keep pre-ordering books I can't wait for. I hope when they'll arrive I'll be super duper happy and motivated to read them.

My excuses for not reading as much as I should in the upcoming weeks

March, April and May will be super busy months for me. I suspect it won't be easy to overcome my reading slump.
  • I have to write my term paper and go to the library and I don't feel any motivation whatsoever. 
  • Lots of cool events are coming up. I'll be going to the opera, the Leipziger book fair, dances, parties, birthday dinners and all that stuff. And Easter is around the corner, yay!
  • I want to spend a lot of time with my friends. We've been apart for several weeks and I missed them and always have an amazing time when we're together.
  • Last but not least, my fourth semester starts soon and I definitely need to get prepared and also start studying for my upcoming exam.

Nonetheless, I desperately hope 
that I'll find some time to read and actually enjoy it.
I hope you're all doing better 
with your reading!
Love, Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment